The Management Trainee position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement, “to create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” Additionally, Management Trainees perform a variety of sales, merchandising and operational tasks assigned by store management (e.g. cashiering, merchandise display and pulls, register procedures, and routine cleaning of facilities). Work directly with Store Manager to develop sales, recruiting and leadership skills in order to become a Store Manager. The Management Trainee will also share responsibility for training and motivating Teammates and act as the Store Manager in their absence.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
• Greet Guests with a friendly, engaging attitude, and is consistently prepared to provide legendary service to each Guest
• Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on Guest needs and desires
• Anticipate and fulfill Guest’s needs by suggesting additional items and creating a wardrobing experience
• Demonstrate product utilizing product knowledge and sales education, consistently sharing that knowledge and education with Team
• Maintain and share knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
• Remain consistent on personal sales, as well as looking for opportunities to impact Teammates’ presentations with the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG)
• Achieve personal sales-per-hour, average sales and total net sales goals set by Store Management
• Fill out and effectively use the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG) daily to accomplish goals
• Meets or above performance standards in all Buckle business builders and guest loyalty including fit appointments, Buckle credit card and guest connect.
• Maintain and build good Guest relationships to develop a client based business
• Model, encourage and demonstrate leadership in customer service and selling skills
• Consistently perform leadership actions and maintain high standards, whether or not the Manager is present Teammate Recruiting, Training and Development
• Develop skills and assist in leading, directing, motivating and educating new Teammates to meet and achieve Buckle’s accountability, shift orientation, loss prevention and sales presentation standards on a daily basis
• Motivate Teammates to initiate and complete daily tasks
• Assist Store Manager with coaching and counseling Teammates in accordance with Buckle policies
• Actively recruit for the store and participate in interviewing with Store Manager
• Support Store Manager by setting up all interviews Visual Merchandise Management
• Develop skills and educate Teammates to implement, evaluate and create visual displays based on Buckle guidelines
• Responsible for managing product categories such as: denim, shoe, promotions and supplies
• Maintain store standards of excellence at all times
• Ensure sales floor is consistently sized and new freight is appropriately displayed
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs
• Set goals and expectations to complete an extensive Management Trainee Program with weekly topics, assignments and reviews
• Review completed Management Trainee assignments with District Manager
• Establish relationships and excellent communication with Area Manager, District Manager and Corporate Office to assist Store Manager in effective operation of the store
• Accurately and efficiently complete store opening and closing procedures according to Buckle procedures
• Implement Buckle developments with the direction of the Store Manager - Policies, procedures, organizational changes, merchandise offerings
• Complete register balance and bank deposits accurately, daily and on time
• Adhere to Loss Prevention policies and store key controls at all times
• Confidence in handling returns, exchanges and additional operational and Loss Prevention duties in Store Manager’s absence
• Convey feedback to Store Manager with regard to sales and Teammate performance
• Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of supplies
• Consistently maintain a clean, organized and shoppable store to fulfill Buckle’s mission statement.
• Communicate store repair needs to Store Manager
• Immediately handle emergencies in Store Manager’s absence, in accordance with Company guidelines
• Provide feedback to Store Manager and Leadership Team regarding merchandise handling concerns
• Communicate any policy violations and Teammate or Guest concerns to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner
• Understand and apply the Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbooks. Supervisory and Leadership
• Support Store Manager by planning and leading the Team, daily reviewing with Teammates and participation in Team meetings
• Partner with Store Manager to ensure that all OnBoarding new hire paperwork is promptly and accurately completed
• Prepare to be a Store Manager by collaboratively supervising Teammates in their store location with supervision from store management. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, training, reviewing, delegating, scheduling, and leading Teammates
• Act as the Store Manager in their absence
• Ability to travel and cover other Stores within District based on business needs
• Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education And/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in relevant field of study preferred; or one to three months related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 50 lbs throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in a retail store setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• No visa sponsorship is available
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel, including overnight as required
• Relocation may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the Teammate Center, under Human Resources